With the holiday season upon us, what better time than now to mix in a few healthy dishes with our favorite Thanksgiving traditions. My family’s favorites include sweet potato pie, creamed spinach, southern style cornbread stuffing, potato salad and of course, the legendary deep fried turkey. While these are all delicious and mouth watering options–they aren’t always the most diet-friendly, being particularly high in calories, carbohydrates and grams of sugar.
As an UP3 user, one of the cool features of the UP App is meal tracking. Recently, Jawbone partnered with our friends at Yummly, a personalized food platform that inspires over 15 million users to eat better with recommendations that cater to health-friendly tastes and preferences. Through Yummly, UP users can try new recipes and track their meals with a comprehensive analysis of their daily dieting habits and trends.
With health in mind this Thanksgiving–I’ve picked five delicious and healthy Thanksgiving recipes featured on Yummly, that you can enjoy without feeling guilty the next day. If you need some additional ideas for how to eat healthier this Thanksgiving, Yummly can help you find even more healthy dessert and side options, too.
- Crockpot Thanksgiving Dinner | Calories: 490 / Food Score: 9.5/10
- Roasted Fall Vegetables | Calories: 330 / Food Score: 9.5/10
- Herb Roasted Turkey Breast | Calories: 650 / Food Score: 9.5/10
- Roasted Green Beans with Cranberries & Walnuts | Calories: 130 / Food Score: 9.5/10
- Coconut Spiced Sweet Potato Casserole | Calories: 280 / Food Score: 7.2/10
What’s on your menu this year for Thanksgiving? Let us know what you’re having and how you’re making healthier choices this year.