"We are Jawbone. We're in it for life"
***With your application, please include your 3 most relevant writing/portfolio samples.***
Our Editorial team is in the enviable position of engaging with the UP community by delivering relevant content based on their goals, accomplishments and the key moments in their lives. We think holistically about the experience of the UP product, and work closely with the Product, Design, Data and Software Engineering teams to bring a cohesive experience to life within Jawbone's software applications and other products.
The Writer / Content Strategist reports to the Director of Content, Brand Experience and is responsible for creating and delivering on-brand content for the Smart Coach and UP App teams. This person will collaborate with other members of the Editorial, Design, Engineering and Product Management teams to develop content that is clear, relevant and motivating for our UP users. It is critical to be both a writer and a system thinker. In this role, the writer will partner closely with our Technology team to understand the capabilities of our sensors and articulate the value of this technology to our users across all touchpoints.
Draft concepts, logic and final copy for content-rich features within Jawbone’s app ecosystem, while thinking holistically about the overall user experience for our users.
Implement content within our content management system by creating appropriate triggers and labels, and troubleshooting technical issues as needed.
Work closely with Editorial team writers to provide feedback, guidance and creative review of content, including scalability of solutions and lifecycle engagement, i.e. metrics for engagement. Understand app functionality in order to develop appropriate triggers for content with the ideal user experience in mind.
Work effectively across multiple departments in the following capacities:
*Software Engineering: Collaborate with engineers using agile methodologies to develop and prioritize feasible strategies to support editorial and business goals. Monitor and manage execution timeline.
*Data Science: Collaborate with the data science team to formulate consumable data stories that can can be used to deliver compelling user experiences and impact behavior change.
*Marketing: Develop product-focused concepts for blog posts.
*Product Management: Align editorial strategy with business goals in light of technical constraints. Provide quantitative and qualitative assessment to inform to business decisions.
*Design: Collaborate with visual and UI designers to create simple and delightful in-app experiences for users.
*Technology: Collaborate with our scientists to understand the power of the sensors in our products to help articulate this value to our users.
Analyze analytics of content created and prioritize actionable follow-up for the editorial and product teams.
Support the evolution of the UP voice and ensure consistency across UP features.
* At least 4 years of experience as a copywriter, content strategist or equivalent role, including at least 1 year of previous UI copywriting experience.
* BA/BS degree
* Superior written, verbal and editorial communication.
* A team player, who is eager to contribute to a high-energy and fast paced editorial team.
* Ability to put yourself in the mind of the user and think holistically about a content experience.
* Basic algebra and quantitative reasoning skills.
* Intensely curious and passionate about science and for solving health problems through technology.
* Demonstrated experience with data-driven decision making.
* Demonstrated experience with tagging and targeting content.
* Strong interpersonal skills and eager to work across all departments even when that means venturing outside comfort zone.
* Keen awareness of knowledge gaps.
* Willing to learn new skills.
* Flexibility and autonomous working style, ability to prioritize while maintaining flexibility.
* Proficiency with tools such as word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software.
* As noted above, please include your 3 most relevant writing/portfolio samples with your application.