"We love developing devices that seamlessly integrate into our customers' lives."
The Document Control Manager drives and manages the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system for the design, engineering, and manufacturing of Jawbone’s products. Management of the PLM encompasses the documentation of release and change activities, as well as the system administration of upgrades, maintenance, and integrations with other systems.
• Interface with Engineering, Operations, Customer Service, Marketing, IT, MIS, and Legal for all release and change activities and represent document control at cross-functional meetings
• Formalize and maintain cross-department PLM database input requirements, standards, and procedures.
• Develop and update DC processes and procedures with commitment to continuous improvement based upon market and cross-functional needs
• Review all engineering change packages for completeness and compliance with internal database and process requirement standards
• Provide ECO status, cycle time metrics, reporting, and other report generation as needed
• Coordinate the activities of Document Control, including distribution and auditing of controlled documents, such as NDAs, and maintenance of electronic department directories. Work independently to facilitate group activities
• Assist during internal and external audits as necessary
• 5+ years working in a Lead or Management position, prefer medical device experience
• Expert knowledge of NPI through EOL engineering change processes
• Creation and execution of process improvements for new and sustaining product releases
• PLM system and database management, Arena experience is a plus
• Understanding of data integrity across the organization and outside vendors
• Perform detail-oriented work with a high degree of accuracy in a face paced environment
• Excellent communication, written and verbal skills in English, Mandarin and/or Spanish is a plus
• Strong management, prioritization and analytical problem solving skills
• Command of Microsoft Office suite and experience with database construction and maintenance
• Must be flexible and able to adapt to changes in priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to work accurately, follow instructions/schedules/timelines and handle multiple priorities
• GMP, GDP, FDA, ISO experience desired
• Prior experience assisting in releasing FDA approved products preferred
Prior experience working at a fast paced consumer electronics product release environment is desired
Jawbone® is a world-leader in consumer technology and wearable devices, building hardware products and software platforms powered by data science. If you're in search of a place to push the edges of what's possible and you're ready to do the best work of your life with insanely smart people: hello, nice to meet you.