"We love developing devices that seamlessly integrate into our customers' lives."
Jawbone is looking for a Regulatory Compliance Manager to lead the regulatory, agency and customer compliance certification and approval process for Jawbone’s innovative consumer electronics products in all countries in which they are marketed. In addition, this role will provide technical direction and perform engineering tasks related to testing and analyzing products around UL, CE, EMC, EMI, RoHS, REACH, and other environmental standards.
- Manage the process for submitting products (including documentation) to outside agencies and work with internal and external teams to ensure successful and timely product listing and labeling.
- Review the compliance of project drawings and documentation to meet or exceed all applicable regulating bodies’ minimum requirements.
- Advise engineers and project leaders of the requirements for worldwide certification on new and existing products.
- Continually review and update current internal standards to ensure compliance with certifying entities as specifications evolve.
- Maintain a library and working knowledge of directives, standards, regulations, and industry guidelines that are applicable for Jawbone's products and markets.
- 10+ years of experience as a regulatory compliance engineer/manager of high volume consumer electronics products.
- Prior hands-on experience with trouble shooting techniques related specifically to compliance issues.
- Posses in-depth knowledge of regulatory approval process.(e.g. RoHS, REACH, Prop65, WEEE, etc.)
- Must have prior experience with test and analysis methodologies and test equipment used for regulatory compliance tests.
- Must have experience with regulatory requirements worldwide.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to establish and grow relationships with both internal cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Ability to thrive a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Additional Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience or knowledge of the approval process at mobile providers such as AT&T, Verizon, etc. preferred.
- B.S. in EE or B.S. in ME preferred.