"We love developing devices that seamlessly integrate into our customers' lives."
As Principle Hardware Engineer you will lead design and development of our next generation wireless audio and related products. You will work closely with our ME, Embedded S/W, DSP, acoustics and product marketing teams to architect and implement high quality, cost effective wireless audio designs into volume production. You will be responsible for key decisions as it relates to overall system architecture and will be responsible for delivery of the product’s EE sub-system into volume production with our manufacturing partners.
- Own the design and implementation of overall EE product architecture, including MCU, DSP, RF and Power management sub-systems.
- Collaborate with the embedded system software team and the DSP team to make forward looking platform design decisions that meet overall system requirements over the lifespan of the product.
- Work with Jawbone Product Marketing to define solutions to customer needs and integrate into product definition.
- Run comprehensive design reviews of your product with SW, FW, ME, Compliance, QA, Test and Manufacturing to ensure a quality design that can be successfully released into high volume production.
- Support product bring-up and qualification. Work with the Hardware and Software validation team to ensure high quality and comprehensive test coverage to Jawbone requirements
- Ensure product compliance with all regulatory requirements and certifications
- Research new technologies, processes to meet our strategic goals
- Design documentation, BOM generation and release
- Support of engineering builds at our Manufacturer partners.
- B.S.E.E (M.S.E.E preferred) or equivalent and 10+ years experience as a system designer including high performance CPU, DSP, RF, power management and analog design.
- Detailed knowledge of circuit schematic entry tools and SI (signal integrity) principles. Ability to run PSpice or other SI analysis tools.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality products with demanding delivery schedules.
- Bench skills and debugging experience with industry standard T&M equipment is essential.
- Proven knowledge of ARM architecture and ARM based MCU’s, instruction set, and developing and debugging with ARM tools is desirable
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of RF design. Experience of having designed sub-systems in radio products e.g. WIFI, LTE, Bluetooth strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of EMC included radiated/conducted emissions and ESD/EFTB. Experience with very low noise or low power subsystem design.
- Experience in high volume consumer electronic designs and proficient in working with external ODM, JDM and CM suppliers/vendors in Asia
- Willing to travel to suppliers and manufacturing partners worldwide as needed.
- A self-starter, highly motivated, with excellent organizational skills, and must have excellent communication skills both verbal & written.