- The icons on the band don't light up when plugged in to charge.
- The icons on the band don't consistently display the expected light behavior when charging.
- The band charges infrequently.
Confirm Power Source Is Working
Try charging another device using the outlet or USB port, or try charging your band using a different outlet or USB port. If using a USB port, confirm the powered source is fully charged and turned on.
Double-Check Connection With Charging Cable
The four charging prongs on the charging cable must completely align with the charging ports on the band. Make sure to hold the band’s strap with the loop at the bottom then connect the charging cable from the right. The pins from the charging cable will magnetically hold the band in place.
Click here for step-by-step charging instructions.
Clean Charging Pins
Using a clean cloth—lightly moistened with water or isopropyl alcohol—gently wipe the charging pins on both the charging cable and the underside of your band.
Recognize Band Behavior
If your tracker’s battery is completely drained, the orange runner icon on your band may remain lit for up to 5 minutes before displaying expected charging behavior.
If the steps above were unable to resolve the issues with your band, we suggest the following actions:
Performing a soft reset of your band can help resolve many issues, without deleting any of your stored data:
- Attach your band to the included charging cable, by aligning the magnetic pins on the charging cable with the charging ports on the band.
- With the band attached, plug the charging cable into a powered USB port.
- Wait until the three status lights on your band begin to cycle, then remove the charging cable from the USB port.
- Quickly plug the charging cable back into the powered USB port within 5 seconds.
- All three status lights should flash in unison, slowly at first, then accelerating rapidly, until all three status lights remain solidly lit for 1 second. This light pattern takes about 4–5 seconds to complete.
- Once all three status lights begin to cycle, the soft reset is complete.
If the issues with your band aren't resolved after performing a soft reset, please attempt a secondary reset:
- Connect your band to the USB charging cable.
- Locate the small button on the side of the charging cable.
- Use a paperclip to press and hold the button for 3 seconds.
- Release the button then quickly plug the charging cable into a powered USB port.
- The display icons on your band should flash.
- Leave your band connected until fully charged, then remove it from the charging cable.
- Sync your band with the UP App to complete the secondary reset.
If the issues with your band persist after completing the steps in this article, click here for further assistance.