What to expect:
- The Sun status light pulses when the UP band is charging, and glows solidly once the band is fully charged.
- While variations in user, terrain, and activity conditions can influence specific calculations, testing has shown UP to provide industry-leading accuracy in tracking activity and sleep.
- Battery life may be affected by certain behaviors, such as the amount of alarms or alerts set, or by charging through a wall adapter instead of through a USB port.
- The band’s battery lasts up to 10 days with a full charge.
- When UP’s battery is low, the Sun status light flashes red three times. If the band is Purple or Orange, the Sun status light flashes 5 times with decreasing intensity and the band will vibrate twice.
- UP’s battery life is not increasing after charging.
- UP does not display a pulsing Sun status light while on the charger.
Things to try:
- Make sure the band is fully connected to the charging cable, and the charging cable is well connected to the USB port.
- Try charging the band through a different USB port.
- Try a Soft Reset on the band:
- Start with the UP connected to the charger, but do not connect the charger to a power source.
- PRESS + HOLD the button on the UP while connecting the charger into the USB port on a well-powered computer.
- Release the button on the band. The Sun status light cycles through multiple colors, then will begin to slowly pulse, indicating that the band is charging normally. If the band is Orange or Purple, the Sun first glows solidly, then the Sun and Moon status lights flash alternately.
- Allow the band to charge for a full 80 minutes, until the Sun status light changes to a solid light.
- Remove the UP from the charger. The Sun status light will begin to flash quickly. If the band is Orange or Purple, the Sun and Moon status lights flash together.
- Launch the UP app. Allow it fully open, then plug in the band. The sync will start automatically. If it doesn’t, initiate the sync manually – for iOS devices swipe to the right menu screen and touch Sync Now. For Android, touch the sync spin circle in the upper right hand corner of the Home screen.
- Check for the band’s remaining life during the sync; after resetting the band and allowing a full charge, it should display 100%.
- Try a Hard Reset on the band. A Hard Reset will restore UP to factory settings, so be sure to sync the band first.
- Press the button on UP 10 times in a quick, consistent pace.
- On the 10th press, hold the button for 10 seconds until the Sun status light is displayed.
- Launch the UP app. Allow it fully open, then plug in the band. The sync will start automatically. If it doesn’t, initiate the sync manually.
If the issue persists, please contact us.