UP24 accurately tracks data based on height, weight, gender, and age information entered in the app and synced to the band at initial setup. There is no additional configuration required. Calibrating your UP24 is an optional process that refines your tracker's ability to measure distance traveled.
Plan an Activity for Calibration
The precise distance traveled needs to be known when calibrating the band. We recommend mapping out the route you’ll take in advance, or going to a local track where you can know exactly how far you’ve walked or run.
Once your route is planned and you’re ready to start, put your UP24 in stopwatch mode by pressing the button on the band once, then pressing again and holding until the sun icon flashes and the band vibrates.
Complete the walk or run on the planned route and then return your UP24 to awake mode by pressing the button again until the sun icon flashes and the tracker vibrates.
Last, press the button once more to prompt your tracker to connect and sync with the UP App.
Calibrating Your Activity Data
- Tap the tracker symbol in the upper right corner of the Home screen then tap the name of your tracker.
- Select Calibrate from the tracker information page.
- Tap Start Calibration. Logged activities available for calibration will appear on the next screen.
- Select the activity you've completed for calibration.
- Adjust the distance as needed and tap Calibrate to sync the band and save the changes.
- Know the exact distance of the activity used to calibrate the band, and perform the activity on level ground, avoiding inclines and hills.
- Walk or run at a consistent pace during the calibration activity. Activities logged at an inconsistent pace may not be eligible for calibration.
- Calibrate more than once. Performing this process a few times refines the calibration process for increased accuracy.