UP Move tracks step data based on your height, weight, gender and age information that you specify in the UP App. While additional configuration is not required, you can calibrate your UP Move to refine your tracker's accuracy.
Plan an Activity for Calibration
- The precise distance traveled needs to be known when calibrating your tracker.
- We recommend mapping out the route you’ll take in advance, or going to a local track where you can know exactly how far you’ve walked or run.
- Once you're ready to walk or run the mapped route, put your UP Move in stopwatch mode by pressing the tracker button twice, holding on the second press until the sun icon flashes three times and the tracker vibrates.
- Complete the walk or run on your planned route, then return your UP Move to awake mode by pressing the tracker button until the sun icon flashes and the tracker vibrates.
- Last, press the mode button on your UP Move once more to prompt your tracker to connect and sync with the app.
Calibrating Your Activity Data
- Tap the tracker symbol in the upper right corner of the Home screen then tap the name of your tracker.
- Select Calibrate from the tracker management page.
- Tap Start Calibration.
- Select the activity you completed for calibration.
- Adjust the distance as needed and tap Calibrate to sync the tracker and save the changes.
- Know the exact distance of the activity used to calibrate the tracker, and perform the activity on level ground, avoiding inclines and hills.
- Walk or run at a consistent pace during the calibration activity. Activities logged at an inconsistent pace may not be eligible for calibration.
- Calibrate more than once. Performing this process a few times refines the calibration process for increased accuracy.