Jawbone API Marketing Guidelines
As of Thursday, September 19, 2013, we have opened the UP Developer Platform to enable developers to develop services to complement the UP experience for our community. An overview of our marketing guidelines for our UP platform developers can be found below. We thank you for being a part of the UP Platform, and for whats to come!
What can my company do to promote our integration?
- If you would like to promote your integration, feel welcome to draft a blog or press release, or share the news with your community in a way that's natural to you.
- Due to the number of developers, we will not be reviewing all planned communications but have laid out clear guidelines that should be strictly adhered to.
- If you have any specific questions that are not answered in these guidelines, please contact Emily Anadu (email@example.com).
- We have provided the following imagery in the UP Developer Marketing Asset Kit for your marketing use:
- UP logo lock up - black
- UP logo lock up - white
- UP app icon
- UP band with phone
- UP family
- UP band with gallery
- Navy UP band with shadows
- Blue UP band device only
- UP with umbrella
- Do not alter the images in any way that materially changes the images, including cropping, mirroring, stretching or rotating.
General Language Guidelines
How to talk about UP:
- UP by Jawbone is a wristband and app system that helps you learn things about yourself and your lifestyle that you never knew.
- UP fits effortlessly into the way you live to help you understand how you sleep, move, eat and feel, and how those activities affect one another.
- It delivers useful and engaging information through a smartphone application that generates personalized insights to help you make meaning of the data and achieve your goals.
How to refer to UP:
- In the first reference UP or UP24, please refer to the product as UP by Jawbone or UP24 by Jawbone.
- In subsequent references, please refer to the product as UP or UP24.
- Refer to UP/UP24 as a band or wristband (not a bracelet), and an app.
- Do not refer to UP/UP24 as a fitness tracker.
- Both letters in UP should always be capitalized. Never write as Up.
Words or phrases to be used in regard to UP
- Healthy life lifestyle
Words or phrases not to be used in regard to UP
- Do not refer to this integration as a "partnership" in press materials. You can say, "we are integrating with UP by Jawbone".
- If you have a Partner section of your website or app, please include Jawbone in that list.
How to talk about the API for partners in the UP App Gallery:
- What it is:
- UP is a system that helps you understand how you sleep, eat and move so that you can make choices to live better. The new app displays your movement and sleep details from your UP24 band and delivers insights, celebrates milestones and challenges you to accomplish more each day. Team up with friends in the UP app to keep you moving forward.
- UP is for anyone who wants to live a healthier life, and we're constantly creating ways to help people know themselves and live better.
- The UP Platform enables our community to connect to services they already love - or discover new ones - to complement their UP experience.
- The UP Platform benefits the UP community and partners alike. It demonstrates what's possible in wearable computing and the health and wellness ecosystem, and allows for a shared user experience.
- How it works:
- Within the UP app, choose any of the integrated apps you want to add to your UP experience.
- Once connected, your data will be seamlessly integrated to make the information you want available at your fingertips.
- If this is true for your integration, add: Within the UP app, you can view your activity from UP and incorporate data from [insert your company app] in your feed, lifeline, and trends.
- If this is true for your integration, add: You can also share your UP data with [your company app] including detailed sleep and movement data to make those experiences richer.
- For example, [tailor based on company].
- You can set your own privacy settings and control if you want to share the information from this app.
- We ask that developers display the appropriate trademark symbol next to our marks, whether on blogs or in other materials, at least the first time that you reference a particular mark.
- The following line can be used at the bottom of emails, blogs and other communications - “Jawbone®, UP®, and UP® BY JAWBONE™ are trademarks owned by AliphCom dba Jawbone”.
- The correct marks are:
- UP BY JAWBONE™
- UP24 BY JAWBONE™
Due to the number of apps integrated with UP Platform, Jawbone will not be able to provide individual quotes for press materials.
Senior Marketing Manager
Public Relations Manager
(415) 230-7600 ext. 1719
We expect all Jawbone partners to adhere to these guidelines as a condition of developing for UP by Jawbone. Thank you in advance for doing so. We are looking forward to the ongoing partnership with you!